Expressions of Interest - Leigh Creek contracts
The Outback Communities Authority (OCA) is seeking to enter into contract arrangements for the following:
- Self-motivated person able to work semi-autonomously to fulfil the role of Town Maintenance Officer
- Committed and reliable person able to fulfil a cleaning contract
Click here to read more about the contracts and Expression of Interest requirements.
Town Maintenance Officer
The OCA is seeking to enter into a contract arrangement with a self-motivated person able to work semi-autonomously to fulfil the role of Town Maintenance Officer in Leigh Creek.
The Town Maintenance Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Maintenance of the Leigh Creek pool complex – includes chlorination dosing, temperature checks, cleaning (in partnership with contracted life-guards during pool season);
- Parks and gardens management including operation of a ride on mower and tractor, chainsaw and other small machinery use;
- General breakdown maintenance for the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) Commercial and Housing along with OCA managed assets including aerodrome;
- Minor demolition projects;
- Logging maintenance reports using government systems: Facilities Asset Maintenance Information System and Strategic Asset Maintenance Information System. System training will be provided however the successful applicant must demonstrate a sound level of computer literacy; and
- Other similar duties.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Work Health and Safety Principals and hold a current SA driver’s licence class C & MR. They must also have an ABN and Public Liability insurance.
Not essential but desirable, appropriate trade qualifications (carpentry, plumbing, electrical) and training in Asbestos management and removal.
The role will require flexibility with working arrangements and a willingness to work after hours, especially on weekends will be needed. The successful applicant will also be subject to a satisfactory criminal history check prior to commencement.
Reporting to the Manager of Leigh Creek Contracts and Services, the Town Maintenance Officer will be provided with an OCA vehicle for use during work hours and ‘on-call’. An hourly rate of $35.00 (plus GST) @ 30 hours per week inclusive will apply. The term is up to 2 years.
Applicants will need to submit an application letter addressing the points above and capacity to undertake the role, along with a current resume. Short listed applicants will be required to undertake an SA Industry Participation Policy Employment Contribution Test.
The OCA is seeking to enter into an arrangement with a committed and reliable person able to fuilfil a cleaning contract.
The Cleaner will be responsible for general cleaning duties at the following sites on a regular schedule, with ad hoc cleaning as required;
- Leigh Creek aerodrome terminal
- Leigh Creek Town Administration office
- Lavatories located in Leigh Creek town centre
- Two residential flats
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Work Health and Safety Principals and hold a current SA driver’s licence class C. They must also have an ABN.
The role will require flexibility with working arrangements and a willingness to work additional hours as required.
Reporting to the Manager of Leigh Creek Contracts and Services, the Cleaner will be required to use their own vehicle. The OCA will supply all cleaning equipment and consumables, including toilet paper, as required.
An hourly rate of $30 (plus GST) @ 10 hours per week inclusive. The term is up to 2 years.
Applicants will need to submit an application letter addressing the points above and capacity to undertake the role, along with a current resume.
Expressions of Interest, or enquiries, for both contracts are directed to:
Northern Flinders Project Officer
Ph: 8648 5970
Post: PO Box 2353, Port Augusta SA 5700
Applications will close at 5.00pm Monday, 5 December 2016.