Improving Safety for the Livestock Industry Report Released
Today the Chair of the Outback Communities Authority (OCA), Cecilia Woolford, in partnership with the Chair of Regional Development Australia Far North (RDA Far North) jointly launched the Multispecies Livestock Transhipping Hub: Improving safety, efficiency and profitability in the Australian Livestock Industry report.
The Report's scope looked at the potential establishment of a multispecies transhipping hub in Port Augusta and specifically addressed:
1. Determined the immediate, medium and long term economic benefit for the follwoing areas:
- Pastoral Industry;
- Transport, Freight and Logisitcs;
2. Provides evidence to the extent that the project will contribute to strategic priorities, goals, targets and objectives of the government and other stakeholders.
3. Identifies the need for such a facility
4. Includes a broad freight and logicitics infrastrcuture demand and suppl;y analysis
5. Provides a broad scope of a range of options for the facility (inlcuding investigating similar facilities in other States), best management model and estimated costings.
The Multispecies Livestock Transhipping Hub: Improving safety, efficiency and profitability in the Australian Livestock Industry report is available to download from http://www.rdafn.com.au/publications.